The new Spectra Precision (TDS) Recon REC-Z1001 Power Boot Module lasts up to 15 hours and has several new advantages. Note, this new battery can only be charged with the newly launched REC-AEUPOWERSUP (now renamed 67101-02-SPN) charger as seen on our webpage.
• Battery Capacity has been increased from 3800 mAh to 4000 mAh.
• The new PowerBoot can be left on charge indefinitely with no risk of damage to the battery.
• The new PowerBoot is less prone to develop a memory effect than prior models.
• The new PowerBoot can be charged in 9 hours compared to 12 hours.
Experienced Recon users may notice some other minor differences in the behavior of the new PowerBoot Module versus the old PowerBoot Module:
1. The old PowerBoot Module was noticeably warm to the touch after charging. The new PowerBoot
module may feel cold, even after charging successfully.
2. The old PowerBoot Module would attempt to charge regardless of the ambient temperature, although
TDS only recommend charging it if the temperature is between 32 – 95 °F (0 – 35 C). The new PowerBoot Module will not charge unless the temperature is between 32 – 104 °F (0 – 40 C).
Originally the new style PowerBoot modules were grey in color, however the most recent shipments have been all black (both versions pictured). The important identifiying feature is the rating of 4000mAh.