Use Bluetooth® to send measurements into apps running on mobile devices.
The D2 measures from its base by default and can be configured to measure from the front.
Flip out the intelligent end-piece to 90º to hook onto outside corners or extend the end-piece fully for inside corners. The D2 will automatically measure from the end of its flip-out end-piece when fully extended. Combined with the Min/Max function, the end-piece allows you to get the tool all the way into corners for accurate diagonal measurements as shown in this Intelligent End-piece video.
The D2 calculates area and volume, and remembers the last 10 measurements taken. Use the Add/Subtract capability to combine measurements to get a precise reading of the total wall area of a room (aka "the painter function").
The D2 includes a Pythagoras function for indirect height or width measurements. However, in a tool this size that cannot be mounted to a tripod we recommend using the Pythagoras for estimates or rough measurements. If you need precise indirect measurements, an LDM with a tilt sensor is your best bet.
● Typical measuring accuracy 1/16"
● Range up to 330 ft
● Measuring units 0.000 m, 0.00 ft, 0'00" 1/16, 0 in 1/16
● Memory Last 10 values
● Data Interface Bluetooth® Smart V4.0
● Measurements per set of batteries up to 10,000
● Multi-functional end-piece with Intelligent recognition
● Batteries: 2 x AAA 1.5 V
● Display: 3 line display with illumination
● Protection class: IP 54, dust & splash protected
● Dimensions: 4.57 x 1.73 x 1.02 in
● Weight with batteries: 3.53 oz
● Minimum/maximum measurements: Yes
● Area / volume calculation: Yes
● Pythagoras functions: 2 points, 3 points
● Stake-out function: Yes, single value
● Painter Function: Yes
● Subtraction / addition: Yes
● Timer function: Yes, variable
● Beep: Yes, switchable on/off
● Operating temperature range: 14°F to 122°F